That guy I married really, really, really likes meat. He likes it so much that he thinks he needs to eat it pretty much everyday. Crazy kid. Anyhow, I have made it a personal goal to learn new ways to cook up that ole animal carnage.
Walking through the store one day this past weekend, Stuffed Hubs and I came across something called Country Style ribs at the grocery store. Now, I have heard of short ribs and plain old regular ribs but I ain’t never heard o’ no country-style ribs. We bought them anyway.
After doing a little reading about common ways to prepare them, I decided to use what I had in the kitchen, throw it in the slow cooker, pray, and hope for the best. It worked! Here is what you will need to make these sweet carnivore treats.
- 2.5 lbs. of country-style ribs (i’m sure any rib cut would be fine)
- 1 cup of bottle barbecue sauce
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar (packed)
- 2 tablespoons of worcestishire sauce
- 3 tablespoons of mild bottled hot sauce
- 5 cloves of garlic
- Seasoning salt
- Black pepper
- Start by getting that guy you married to pull that heavy crock pot out of the cabinet and onto the counter where you can reach it.
- Season the ribs on either side with a generous amount of seasoning salt and black pepper.
- Coat the slow cooker with olive oil and drop in your ribs.
- In a separate bowl, mix together all other ingredients. Pour the mixture over the ribs carefully. Be sure that all the ribs are coated. You can use tongs to toss them around if necessary.
- Set the slow cooker on low for 7.5 to 8 hours.
- Serve em up with corn on the cob, sweet potatoes, or nothing at all. They’re delicious all on their own!
I can see making this for friends or just for a Sunday lunch. The fact that it’s put together in a crock put makes it a real breeze and clean up is so quick your husband won’t mind doing the dishes at all. Right?
Peace, love, and ribs that will stick to your ribs~